Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Notes

- Steve and I went last night to a town hall meeting in Nashua with Rudy Giuliani. I have to say that I'm a big dork and have always wanted to go to a town hall meeting with a candidate. Ever since I was a kid I used to watch the candidates on the news and wonder how I could get to go to one of those meetings. Well, I did. It was really interesting and I highly recommend that all of you readers out there try to go to one for whomever the candidate of your choice is. The only "complaint" I have is that it was too short running only about an hour long. I'll be attending the next one that comes around because of the time constraint and my desire to learn more about where he stood on the issues.

- If you're of voting age, it's very important that you get out there and vote when the time comes. Even if you write in a candidate because you don't like who all is running, at least you're voting. There are so many nations in this world that don't have a say in choosing their leaders that it makes it all the more important that we vote in elections. It's also important to not judge people or criticize the candidates they choose. Voting is a personal matter and everyone should vote for the candidate that most closely reflects their personal values.

- On a sadder note, our fish Pinky is not going to be with us much longer. We don't know that she'll make it to the end of the week. She's a 5-year-old fish, which is about the lifespan of a cichlid, so she's had a good little fishy life. But, we're sensitive saps and it's been sad every time we've had a fish die. Please say a little prayer as our little fishy makes her way to the big tank in the sky.

- Looking forward to the weekend. We're having the Seeds over on Friday night for some dinner and good times, and then Saturday we're heading to the Drumms' house in Sterling for a little cookout with them and the Seeds. No plans for Sunday, but it should be a great weekend I'm sure.

- Next week is session three of my Six Sigma Green Belt training, and I'm not looking forward to it because it means I miss two days of working time. The good news is that I do get to take my laptop so at least I can attempt to keep up with email.

- It's the little things in life that make me happy. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a Pats fan, and anyone who knows me and knows I'm a Pats fan knows my favorite player is Troy Brown. Every year the Pats torture me... they sign Brown to a 1-year contract. Then when the year is up, instead of just RESIGNING the darned thing because we all KNOW that Brown's not going to go someplace else, they drag Troy Brown fans through this torturous waiting of whether or not a new contract will be signed. Last night I got an email from my friend Doug letting me know that Troy Brown, number 80, will be coming back for another year with the Pats. I slept well last night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music: The sounds of the fish tank filters

2 comments:

Kimberly Pye said...

I'm very sorry your fishy, Pinky, is sicky. Hang in there, buddies! I know you will be good fishy parents as Pinky goes through this difficult time and says her final goodbyes.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Aww, poor fish. I'm a big animal person so I can sympathize.

I saw Bush Sr. years and years ago when he was running against Clinton. I was about 10 so I don't remember it...I wouldn't mind going to another (much smaller) meeting...when that happened I think the entire city was crowded into the main Ave.