Thursday, August 23, 2007

Absentee Ballot

Today I will not be available much because I will be in a Critical Design Review for the better part of the day.

"What's a Critical Design Review?"

I'm glad you asked. It's a very long meeting where basically what happens is a drawing of a new part is put on the wall. Engineers from my company and the customer come in, sit around, and argue about the best way to make a part based on the drawing. They talk in a lot of terms that I don't understand, and I sit there working on other things while this goes on.

"Well, then why do you have to go?"

I'm glad you asked that too. I have to go just incase anyone has any questions about the contract or the purchase order. Sometimes there is free food involved, but I'm not sure about today. Sometimes it's actually a really interesting meeting, and I do learn a lot so honestly, I'm glad to go. I do have a ton of other work to do, but I'm never one to pass up some sort of learning experience (hence why I went to Wichita a couple of weeks ago).

Anyhow, I probably will do other things while I'm in there mostly because I won't have much actual input to the design; I'm not an engineer. These meetings are one of the reasons I asked for a laptop a year ago. Plus, if anyone has any questions I also have the system right available. Quite handy.

That's all. BUT - if you want to know how other things are going like my walking, you should check out my other blog.

No comments: