Wednesday, August 1, 2007

To Aaron Sorkin

**Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't seen West Wing Season 7 yet, and wants to. There, you've been warned.**

Dear West Wing Writers,

How dare you make such an addicting show and then put it on DVD? Oh right, because it was a good show and you wanted to make money after it was over. Well, good work. Between Danny and CJ's recent dates, Josh and Donna kissing (finally), and wondering when in the show you're going to have Leo pass away. I've been sitting on the edge of my couch (ok - more like jumping and clapping) and going to bed way later than I should be all week because of my need to know what happens next.

At least you're tying up some loose ends. Like the Danny & CJ thing for example. Nice subtle touch by having Danny say "You almost killed our fish!" rather than "You almost killed your fish!". Josh and Donna finally getting together had us wondering last night if we would be OK to stay up until midnight just one more night (common sense won here and we decided not to). And way to have 2 nuclear powers fighting over an oil field with a need for US Troops to enter in and keep the peace in what will be an Iraq-style deployment only 3 weeks before the election. And of all people - TOBEY as the leak on the military space shuttle?!?! I totally did NOT see that coming. Just proves that there's never a dull moment for Jed Bartlet.

At any rate, this has been a great season so far. I guess it's appropriate that we decided to buy Season 7 right around the time of Harry Potter 7 fever. Your great show has been Steve & I's Harry Potter as we've sailed through the first six seasons, and now we are closing out the series. And even though unlike the Potter readers, I already knew the ending when I bought the DVD(a President Santos is in the near future) I'm not disappointed with the ending so far.

I thank you for your work, and apologize that "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" didn't work out so well. It wasn't that it was a bad show - it just wasn't The West Wing.

Love,
Danielle (xoxo)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side Note: Poll results for the July poll (Which of these people should replace Bob Barker?) showed that by a very close margin, you guys don't want Drew Carey up there for Bob. The results were:


George Clooney/George W. Bush - 1 vote each
Bill Clinton - 3 votes
Drew Carey - 4 votes
Sasha Baron Cohen - 5 votes

So... sorry, guys but Drew Carey's already up there. If Drew doesn't work out, we'll write the execs at CBS and let them know that Borat needs to be their new host.

3 comments:

Kimberly Pye said...

I voted for The Simpsons Movie. I loved it so much!

Saw Harry Potter 5, but it wasn't spectacular (I'm not a huge fan of the movies, anyway. The books are better).

Saving Bruce Willis for Netflix.

And that's all I know. It's weird not having cable anymore. The only time I know what's playing is when I drive by a movie theatre. :-P

Kimberly Pye said...

Oops. I should have put a period inside the parenthesis as well. (I can't let that go and have people think I didn't notice -- or worse yet: didn't know!) :)

Kimberly Pye said...

Oh yeah, I saw Transformers, too. That was good. But not as good as Homer and the gang.