Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend!

Hope that all of you had a great weekend. :)

Ours was pretty good. Friday night I made us some mini pizzas for dinner and then we each settled into our respective positions for the night. I plopped on the couch to finish a scarf I've been working on and watch the Pats game (24-7, they won) and Steve played some Battlefield 1942 and read his new magazine that came in the mail. That was really the long and short of Friday, a calm night in.

Saturday wasn't bad either. I got up around 7:45 and went out for my morning walk around 8:30. It was disgusting outside. Got home around 9:10 and got Steve out of bed. He hopped in the shower while I made a breakfast of eggholes, hash brown patties, ham slices, and fruit (apples and grapes). We ate breakfast and then he went over to his grandmother's condo for a while to do some work while I hung out at home for a bit. I started some laundry, ran the dishwasher, and then went to the grocery store. Came home, switched out the dishwasher/laundry, and then got to cooking! I made 2 dozen meatballs, a chunky veggie red sauce, and a whole bunch of pita chips to take with me to the Stitch N' Bitch I went to on Saturday night.

What is a Stitch N' Bitch? It's basically a bunch of women who get together, hang out, and gab only they also crochet/knit/sew while they do it. I loaded up my car with the stuff for dinner as well as some deep purple chenille yarn for my next project and headed to Lowell. I was going to bring my never-ending afghan, but it was WAY too warm to be crocheting an afghan on Saturday. I got about 5 rows done on the project I'm working on (it's a scarf that I'm crocheting "the long way") and headed home around 10:30 or so. It was a great time, and I can't wait until we have another one!

Sunday was pretty low-key as well. I got up and went for a walk around 7:30. We had Church in the morning, and then grabbed some tasty lunch at Fresh City in North Andover. Steve had never been so I decided we HAD to go. I had a kung pow chicken noodle bowl and Steve had some sort of sandwich with olive stuff on it and clam chowder. Quite good. Then we went back to Salem, I did an errand and he worked on his sister's computer (she goes to college next weekend at UMaine Orono). Then we spent the rest of the evening working on our next to last wedding thing - our Thank You cards (the last is the photo albums - ours and our parents')! So they are pretty much DONE at this point (I have to write a few out for people at work who gave us gifts). We became all re-grateful for our friends and family last night/yesterday afternoon while we pounded them out... we really are so blessed to have been able to have some many people come to our wedding, from all over the country really. I said a little thank-you to God for the blessings we have in our loved ones.

After that... uh, pretty much we went to bed because it was about 10:30.

And that was our weekend. Very unexciting, but pretty good none-the-less.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music: Garth Brooks, "Friends in Low Places"

1 comment:

kSm said...

Yum... Fresh City! Addicted to their chicken caesar salad.