Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Disney Must See Day 4: Battling the Zurg

Steve and I have been to Magic Kingdom together 4 times. The first three times we went, we walked by Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin as we left the Carousel of Progress and headed into what we thought to be more interesting things like the Tomorrowland Transit Authority or Space Mountain. We never even gave it a passing glance, casting it off as what was likely another kids' ride the likes of Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, or Peter Pan.

This last time we went, as we were cruising through Tomorrowland on the TTA I took a closer look at the Space Ranger spin. Unless I was seeing things, it looked like it was more of a live-action video game than it was a story ride. Later on, as we were waiting for our dinner reservations I mentioned this to Steve. After a brief discussion - we decided that we should head on.

And... I was right.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin has now become a must-see for me whenever we head off to the Magic Kingdom. With its bright colors, laser beams, and ability for competition with your riding partner this is by far one of the most fun rides in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. We had so much fun on that ride and could not believe we had just ignored it the previous visits. To see for yourself how much fun we were having, here's a picture that was snapped while we were battling the Evil Zurg:



Danielle's Dining Recommendation: For a great character dinner while at the Magic Kingdom, head over to the Liberty Tree Tavern. They have traditional American Fare served family style at reasonable prices ($28/each for adults, $13/each 9 and under). Not only that, but you'll get visits at your table from Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, and whatever other characters hop into the tavern that night. We went there once, and the only reason we haven't been back yet is because we keep trying new places. BUT - I would go back again, for certain.

5 comments:

kat said...

What a great picture of you and Steve in the Space Ranger Spin. Sounds like something I would enjoy as well.

Kimberly Pye said...

I agree. Fabulous attraction!

My family went to Disney World right after that plane-meets-building incident in New York, so NO ONE was there. We battled the Zurg about 6 times back-to-back!

Steve looks so darn serious!

Who won?

Maggie Moo said...

#1 Steve's face is the best! LOL...

#2 I love this attraction too. My guess is that every one you post, that will be my answer though. ;)

Steve Athanas said...

I WAS serious. Maybe if you were all paying attention when you got in the ride, you'd realize that that Emeror Zurg had infiltrated our Galaxy and we needed to defend it!

Sheesh. Let a guy fight an intergalacic war without worrying about his facial expressions, huh?

Kimberly Pye said...

Sorry. I've been a veteran for so long I forgot what it's like to be on the battlefield.

Thanks for defending us.