Monday, February 26, 2007

A-10A "Warthog"

So after a weekend that was pretty good - including going shopping at Lane Bryant for some new work clothes (dressing a bit more appropriately/less "frumpy") - I got to work this morning and finally, after getting a promotion about 3 or 4 months ago, I have a full cube wall.

Now, this may not sound like a big deal. But here's the thing... my job title from Jan. 2005 - Nov. 2006 was "Order Administrator" and in that role part of my job was to basically be the admin. for my department. The promotion I got in November moved me from that to "Customer Service Representative".

Prior to my promotion, my cube was 3 full walls with a half-wall in the front so that I was out in the wide open (as was needed for my admin/support role). Once my promotion hit, I realized that I would need to focus more on my own work and realize that presentation/appearance is everything. I asked my boss (Colleen) if I could have a full cube wall so that people would KNOW I wasn't an admin anymore.

She agreed 100% that if I was exposed to the public people would continue to assume that I was the department admin, and since I had moved up that a full wall was necessary. She then forgot about it until last week. :)

So when I got in today, I had a full cube wall, which makes me feel important. I immediately moved the free calendar that AMETEK gives us every Christmas so that I didn't have to strain my eyes anymore to see the addresses/numbers on the bottom.

My view as of Friday at 5:00 PM - the department printer.

My view right now: February, 2007 - and a picture of an A-10A "Warthog".


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music - Daughtry, "It's Not Over"

1 comment:

The Signal said...

Super-good!

Someday I want to go to Lane Bryant and get myself a few outfits, just in case I end up needing something more business-like for work.