Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thinking Outloud

I've been contemplating for a bit now going back to school full time to get my MEd in Guidance Counseling.

I've also been contemplating for a bit now to continue on the path I'm on, stay at AMETEK, and get my Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Business.

The reality is that I have a good job right now, and it's a fantastic learning experience with business cycles, manufacturing issues, engineering perspectives, etc. It's been an amazing 2 years, despite the frustrations of things out of my control. I enjoy what I do, I enjoy the people I work with, and I have a genuine interest in continuing to work here/learn here.

I also have this nagging want to get back into either higher education or work in a high school as a guidance counselor. Even though I was a student when I did it, I MISS working with students. There's a different energy than in the contracts world of a manufacturing operation.



I'm in a place in my life where we have no children, so these things are still possible to toy with. In 5 years, such decisions might not be able to come into question.

I had an interesting conversation with Steve last night, and I think it helped me a bit in my thinking. I think I know what I might want to do... but there are no guarantees.

So I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to open so I'll know what path I should be following... for those of you out there who read this thing that pray, please pray for me to get some guidance in what I should do. I need to decide pretty soon, so I could use all the help I can get.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music - Kenny Loggins, "Danger Zone"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi Danielle,
I can totally sympathize with the complexity of your decision, and I will definitely be praying for you. I know you'll figure it out!
see you soon, Shannon