Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Book Report

Currently Reading:


What I think:
So far, this book has been extremely interesting. If anyone is interested in World War II, I highly recommend this book. But, if graphic descriptions of the physical and mental aspects of being in a tough warzone against a near invisible enemy aren't your thing... avoid this book.

I do think it's a very interesting book though. It's written by the son of one of the 6 men who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. He went on a quest to learn as much as he could about his father and the battle that took place on that island, and the book is the result of that quest. I don't want to give away too much, but I will say that I find it extremely riveting and hard to pull away from at times. I can pull away easily during the battle scenese, but when the author starts to really examine the hearts and souls of these men and what they were going through it really makes it hard to put the book down.

I hope to finish this book in the next week or so... and I can't wait to finish and see what the men went through when they finally raised that flag and how those who made it home felt upon hitting the soil again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music: Bob Seger - "Turn the Page"

No comments: