Happy Halloween! I hope that everyone has safe plans for tonight if you're into celebrating Halloween and if you're not that you aren't a party pooper for those who don't mind it. In honor of the occasion, I have some Halloween trivia for all of you. Leave your answers in the comments section, and I'll post the answers later tonight so you can see if you were right!
The ONLY rule is that I do ask that you not Google, Yahoo, MSN, or otherwise search engine the answers to the questions. That kind of takes the fun out of it.
Alrighty... here are THE QUESTIONS! Good luck!
1. What was the name of the killer in the famous horror flick "Halloween"?
2. In the book and TV special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", who keeps Linus company while he waits in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin to appear?
3. Which New England theme park advertises itself as "America's Horror Theme Park"?
4. Who was the original artist on the 1962 novelty song "Monster Mash"?
5. What charity do children sometimes "Trick-Or-Treat" for instead of candy?
6. True or False: There are no words in the English dictionary that rhyme with the word "orange".
7. Fill in the blank: Jack-O-Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed out ________ to keep away spirits and ghosts on the Samhain holiday.
8. Other than orange, what colors do pumpkins come in (hint, there are three, and yes, we'll take partial credit)?
9. What is almost consistently the most popular chocolate bar when it comes to Halloween candy?
10. According to the National Retail Foundation, what was the most popular children's Halloween costume in 2005, with 3,778,217 children tallied as donning this outfit?