Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday - Someone Tackle ME Please

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


I'm having one of those days. You know the ones... the ones where no matter what happens it's always something that ends up frustrating you to no end and then there's the one thing that sets your patience over the edge? I was having one of those days. Then at 12:11 PM, the one thing that set my patience over the edge happened. I got an email from one of my customers asking if AMETEK is prepared to maintain deliveries in the event of an Avian Flu pandemic. Yes, I'm serious. The following is a real excerpt from said email:

We also believe that our suppliers' ability to continue to provide us with products, materials and services is essential. Accordingly, we are strongly urging our suppliers to implement reasonable and prudent Avian Flu plans.

The first step in this process is to assess where you stand in terms of your planning for a pandemic. This survey is designed to determine the status of your planning, and thus, your readiness to support [customer] in a pandemic environment.


True story. I can't make up stuff like that.

At any rate... my tackle of the week. I have a tackle finished, with unfortunately no pictures because it's a dark crawlspace. Saturday I went into the under-stair storage space in our apartment and completely reorganized, threw some stuff out, washed our winter scarves & hats, and it looks much better (you'll have to take my word for it, unless Steve wants to comment and back me up). We can now access our Christmas stuff easier, and have plenty of space for the 2 air conditioners to come out and be stored.

Update on the football pillow: I actually got a lot of sewing done on it last night and I really and truly expect to have it done by the end of the week. Should be stuffed by Saturday night at the latest, I would think.

Next week's tackle: coupons!! I have a ton to clip and sort, so I'll do that before next Tuesday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music: Lucky Dube, "I've Got You Babe"

4 comments:

kat said...

Avian flu pandemic? Someone's beeing a bit paranoid. Yes all hell is going to break lose and there will be no suppliers supplying whatever it is you need. What the heck? Is there nothing more to worry about? Are they actually paying someone to come up with this and actually type it out and send it to their suppliers???? If so good night and good bye world.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Interesting email. I don't want to know what the author of that one was on. Too much coffee perhaps...I always get a tad paranoid when I've had too much of that stuff.

If you feel up to it, can you drop by my blog?

Anonymous said...

Can you post a picture of said football pillow in rough state? I'm trying to conjure up its image...but can't!

Danielle Athanas said...

Kat: Yes, someone actually got paid to send that out and is expecting us to respond. I'll probably get a reminder if I don't.

Anon.: Will be finishing it this weekend, and will post a picture next Tuesday for sure! :)