Friday, November 9, 2007

Pay It Forward Exchange



Kimberly referred me to the Cotton Spice Blog because they're having a neat last-minute handmade gift countdown, and I found this Pay It Forward exchange that is apparently making its way across the internet. I decided that participating is the next right thing for me to do.

The exchange is based on the concept of the movie "Pay It Forward" (if you haven't seen it - do so. It's an amazing movie) where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return other than the recipient of your kindness passing it on to 3 more people, and asking them to pass it along as well.

Here's the deal. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I'll get busy craftin' and I'll send it to you within the next few months (hey, it's getting close to Christmas time - I'm a busily crafty woman these days!).

What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog by posting something similar to this with the same request.

Thanks, everyone!!! I hope that I'll get 3 people sign up today - if I get more, that's great so long as you all make a similar promise. Also, so long as you understand the more comments I get on this the longer it'll take for me to get your gift to you - I am only one person after all, but I'll get it as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

Well, this is for sure very cool. I would love to participate. But-is there a time frame that I have to do this by? I won't be able to pay it forward until after the 23rd when I'm settled.

Danielle Athanas said...

The time frame is whatever you set, so long as you let people know so they're not waiting. :)

Shall I consider you in?

Maggie Moo said...

Yo.

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner-I was really thrown by the whole Edwien being "fired" thing...

Yes please! Count me in! :)

Kimberly Pye said...

Well, I was leaving this open so other people could get a chance to do it, but since no one is, count me in!

Feel free to wait till after the holidays. :-)

Danielle Athanas said...

Sweet! I have two!

Hope to see this in your respective blogs soon. :)

Kimberly Pye said...

Sheesh! You're still missing a third person! I posted a reminder today because I have NONE!

kSm said...

Is it too late? Can I be your third?