Friday, April 18, 2008

When I say... You think...

For some reason this meme from The Quarter-Life Chronicles struck me as one that could be kind of fun, so I'm doing it before I head into work.

Directions: read the word listed and note the song that comes to mind. For an added bonus, at the end I'm going to post one or two videos of the songs I listed. For songs that aren't so obvious, I've added a link so you can look at the lyrics.

Drum: "Bang the Drum" by Todd Rundgren (I think this is on my mind because it's supposed to be 75 and sunny today... and it's also the Friday before a long weekend.)
River: "River of Dreams" by Billy Joel
Sea: "America the Beautiful" (You know... "From sea to shining sea...")
Sand: "Brand New Girlfriend" by Steve Holy
Travel: "Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)" - Garth Brooks (It's about a trucker. They travel a lot.)
Time: "It's 5-O'Clock Somewhere" - Jimmy Buffet (also Alan Jackson with Jimmy Buffet... either way)
Journey: "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey (I know, I'm so original.)
Number: "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin New)" by Coolio
Theme: EPCOT Entrance Music (get it... Theme... Theme Park...)
Magic: "Black Magic Woman" by Santana (Now all of you who play Guitar Hero III are going to have this stuck in your head all day. HA!)

And now a select few songs from above... videos courtesy of YouTube.

Billy Joel - "River of Dreams"


Coolio - "1,2,3,4 (Sumpin New)"


Steve Holy - "Brand New Girlfriend"

No comments: