Not much to report I s'pose.
We went and saw "Wild Hogs" last night at Chunky's. I absolutely love seeing movies at Chunky's for a couple of reasons.
1. You can get dinner AND a movie at the same place.
2. I can curl up in a comfy ball to watch the movie in the big car seats they have there.
The movie was really funny. It was about an hour and a half long comedy about these four suburban guys (Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, and William H. Macy) who are having a mid-life crisis. They decide to go on a road trip on their motorcycles and the comedy that ensues is worth the $11 we paid for our 2 movie tickets (Wednesday is Ladies' Night, so I got $2 off my admission). Marisa Tomei plays the token girl that someone has to fall in love with, but her role is pretty minimal actually. I would recommend this movie for a Chunky's or a matinee admission, not for the $9.50 (I'm really picky about what I'll see in a "normal" theater these days...), and definitely on DVD when it gets there.
There are a couple of other movies I'm really looking forward to this year. Among them:
- TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, for those that weren't sure)
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
- Nancy Drew (OK, maybe I'm kind of a dork but I LOVED these books as a kid. Yes, I watched the Babysitters' Club series on TV too... shhhh!)
- Die Hard 4: Live Free or Die Hard No, this isn't Die Hard based in New Hampshire. Yes, someone really asked me that.
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry Ok so the premise is kind of hoaky... but Kevin James and Adam Sandler in the same comedy film? Yeah, I'd pay for that!
At any rate...
When we got home from the movie last night, there was a box from Bed, Bath and Beyond waiting for us on our welcome mat! We got our first wedding (er, shower?) present last night from Steve's cousin Eric and his girlfriend Lee. It was the "Molto Italiano" cookbook from Mario Batali (autographed, no less!) and there's also a Santuko knife coming in the mail soon too! Both are things that Steve picked to put on the registry, so he was pretty stoked about that. We're going to clean the laundry room to start accumulating everything we get in there until we run out of logical room - I do need to iron my clothes and do the laundry after all. But it was exciting to get that. We're so close to the wedding now... it's coming so fast and I know the last week is going to drag with anticipation.
I'm almost done with "Flags of our Fathers" as well. Not sure what I'll read next, but it'll be something. Maybe switch to a fiction; I haven't read one of those in a bit, been sticking on the non-fiction. I'm also working on a pink scarf, and then I'm going to start working on a purple scarf with chenille yarn I got at Christmas Tree Shop for $0.09/skein.
And life goes on...
Current Music - Alanis Morrisette, "You Learn"
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Not much to report I s'pose.