Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Music of the 90's!!

I haven't done a Tuesday Meme in a bit, so I thought I'd go ahead and hit up some Take Me Back Tuesday. This week - Music of the 90's! I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. (Wait... that's the 80's... whatever...)

What bands from the 90's that have broken up do you miss?
To be honest, most of the bands I listened to in the 90's (Green Day, Bon Jovi, Goo Goo Dolls, Hootie and the Blowfish) are still together. Since I can't think of anything, I'm going to have to go with New Kids on the Block. They were starting to get bad when they broke up, so it's probably best that they did anyways. (If anyone has any other ideas for this one, leave a comment because my answer is lame).

What was your favorite song from that decade?
This is a tough question, there were so many. I'll go with my top three in this case: Alanis Morrisette, "Head Over Feet"; Green Day, "Welcome to Paradise"; and Salt N' Pepa, "Shoop". I love 90's music, so it was hard for me to even pick three...

What was your favorite album?
Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill". I listened to that ALL. THE. TIME. To the point where I got a little too excited when her 10th anniversary "Jagged Little Pill - Acoustic Album" came out. That made me giddy. Seriously though, I could just pop that CD into my stereo and just blast it and sing along really loud. My parents were just glad I didn't listen to a lot of rap, I think.

How did you feel about the whole "grunge" genre that popped up in the early 90's?
I liked most of it. I enjoyed Nirvana's "Nevermind" album and even though I had no idea what Eddie Vedder was saying I also really liked "Pearl Jam"'s music. I will say though - the clothing style that came along with it was not my thing. Too... dirty. Made people look like they didn't shower. Blech.

What was your favorite 1-hit wonder of that decade?
After much deliberation and a Google Search for 90's 1-hit wonders... I would have to say it's a toss-up between Chumbawumba's "Tub-Thumping" and Paperboy's "Ditty". And - I'm interested in everyone else's favorite 90's one-hit wonders. Consult this website and leave a comment, because there are so many great ones over the 10 year span that now I want to waste large amounts of money on I-Tunes to find them (my birthday's in a month and a half... if anyone wanted to get some I-Tunes gift cards... just kidding...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Music - Devo, "Whip It"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite 1-hit wonders from the 90's are Haddaway's "What is Love" and KWS's "Please Don't Go". :)

Kimberly Pye said...

I LOVE the acoustic album! I think I will listen to it right now, in my lonely little cube, while I edit the book...

Nikki Neurotic said...

I think "In Utero" was Nirvana's best album, hands down. It's one of my favorite albums from the 90's, though I didn't own it until 2001. I think Nirvana's the only band I really miss, most of the other bands I listened to then are either still around, or the people have gone on to good side projects...as much as I try, I just could never get into Foo Fighters.