So my desk had gotten out of control again. I had accumulated a couple of piles that were making it very difficult to do anything besides push papers aside and it was driving me insane. I decided that a couple of things had happened:
1. I had no where to really put things and so they ended up in a pile. A big old unorganized pile.
2. Because there were nothing but piles everywhere, when I had something to do or file it ended up in the same pile as everything else. There was no system to my desk, and that was starting to get annoying.
I couldn't find anything, I could do any work - enough was enough. I had already overhauled the desk once, and because I'm the kind of person who needs a system to function I thought I'd better set one up. We set a budget of $25 for supplies, and I went off to Wal*Mart to get some stuff to set up a system. What we have is the DDS: The Danielle Desk System. Everything has a place and everything in its place. I even got myself some trays for a "To Do" and a "To File" area (they're not labeled yet, but they will be).
Because I'm an idiot, I forgot to take a "Before" picture, so just picture the below after as a big old mess with a bunch of paper all over the desk except for about a 6" square in front of the keyboard. That's what it looked like before. The drawers (black ones) are also a new addition and are housing crochet patterns, menus, and big coupons (which means that there's also more white space on our fridge where the latter two things were being housed on clips before).
So, here is my desk tackled:
Who knows what next week will be, but there's still lots to be tackled at Casa Athanas. Stay tuned...